The dBbox2 is a compact audio tester capable of monitoring, metering and generating analogue, AES/EBU and SPDIF audio as well as SMPTE timecode. It has a five key menu interface designed to make testing as simple as possible.
- Capable of generating tone and tone sweeps with adjustable tone frequency and level.
- Built in, as well as external microphone to talk to analogue or AES/EBU outputs
- Monitoring and Analysing of AES sample rates, status, and data errors.
- Read and generate longitudinal timecode
- Phantom power testing with voltage readout
- MIDI receive and transmit, as well as analysis of passthrough
- Cable testing for XLR, BNC and MIDI cables
- Output tone and monitor incoming audio simultaneously
- Intelligent power control, switching off power to unnecessary systems for current task
- Switchable backlight
- PP3 size battery, averaging 8 hours of continuous use, dependant on task
- 3 Pole XLR Male & Female (Analogue)
- 3 Pole XLR Male & Female (AES)
- Mini USB (Power)
- 3.5mm & 6.5mm Jack (Headphones)