Analog, AES/EBU and SPDIF Audio Tester
The dBbox3 is a compact audio tester capable of monitoring, metering and generating analogue, AES/EBU and SPDIF audio as well as SMPTE timecode.
Several ‘under the bonnet’ hardware changes have been made on the transition from dBbox2 to dBbox3.
The unit now has a more efficient power supply for longer battery life. There is also an auto switch off system. The accuracy of the test timecode generator has been
improved and the cable tester now also tests the XLR earth wire. Improvements have been made to the MIDI circuitry and we have added a LED ‘torch’. We have
increased the loudspeaker volume and other improvements have been made for more flexibility with future firmware updates.
It has a five key menu interface designed to make testing as simple as possible.
- Capable of generating tone and tone sweeps with adjustable tone frequency and level.
- Built in, as well as external microphone to talk to analogue or AES/EBU outputs
- Monitoring and Analysing of AES sample rates, status, and data errors.
- Read and generate longitudinal timecode
- Phantom power testing with voltage readout
- MIDI receive and transmit, as well as analysis of passthrough
- Cable testing for XLR, BNC and MIDI cables
- Output tone and monitor incoming audio simultaneously
- Intelligent power control, switching off power to unnecessary systems for current task
- Switchable backlight
- PP3 size battery, averaging 8 hours of continuous use, dependant on task
- 3 Pole XLR Male & Female (Analogue)
- 3 Pole XLR Male & Female (AES)
- Mini USB (Power)
- 3.5mm & 6.5mm Jack (Headphones)